New job, new training!

Discussion in 'General CompTIA Certifications' started by nick9one1, Aug 19, 2010.

1. nick9one1

nick9one1 Bit Poster

Hi all,

After a lot of thought I have decided to accept an offer of a new position!

I have been in my current role for less than a year, but after a promise of training when i started I have seen nothing, also there is no ladder for me to climb in this role.

My new position is only 5 minutes away and is working for a leading European independent bulk liquid and gas logistics service provider that design everything in-house. I will be working at HQ as a 1'st/2nd line support tech mainly at my local site but also supporting 5 other sites in the UK and Europe.
    The most exciting part (for me anyway) is they want to develop the candidate into maintaining/configuring/developing sharepoint. They are also rolling out ITIL so all staff will be trained in this.
    All the current staff have been with the company long-term and they have trained most of them up from being DST's like me.

I don't start until the first week in Oct due to four weeks notice and a 2 week holiday.

Are there any books/VM's i can start reading/downloading on sharepoint to get a head start?

thanks!
    Nick

2. Killian

Killian Byte Poster

Hey mate, congrats on the new job.

Can't help you RE your query but thought I'd let you know you've posted it in the wrong forum. This is dedicated to General CompTIA threads. You'd be much better posting it in a more relevant section from the root (http://www.certforums.co.uk/forums/index.php).

Hope someone can help with your questions there.

Certifications: See sig.
    WIP: Everything!