New id newbie hello all

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Avocado505, Apr 9, 2005.

1. Avocado505

Avocado505 Bit Poster

Well here I am saying hello to all of you with my fresh nic (courtesy of Jakamoko)...I inadvertently picked a bad'un but now have something a bit more original lol. :biggrin
    Nice to be here. I recently put nu DVD rom drive an network card in my pc (ready for bband...I know itsa bit sad I'm still on a dial up but itsa long story...). Dvd s look lurrvly on my hyundai monitor. :biggrin
    Cheers guys. :clap

Certifications: no IT certs yet...
    WIP: maybe A+ / MCSE ?
  2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Congrats, Avocado (formerly known as Armadillo101, I believe) - but just exactly what is wrong with being an armadillo ? :x

Oooh, man the tension was immeasurable during the changeover, as it's never been done before on here. I'm telling you, the sweat was lashing from me as I threw the final master-switch. As the flashes dimmed, and the smoke cleared, all I could see in my minds eye was THAT scene from The Fly .... :blink

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

My hero. :respct :biggrin

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Have you been on the "Lemonade" again Gav. WTF are you on about???

Oh and welcome to the forum again

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  5. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi once again.

How do you find the monitor? I'm thinking of getting one of these, Hyundai L72D.

Jak, tell me mate, do you brew your own 'lemonade'?:D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  6. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

No lemonade, Guys - just a request from a Member :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  7. Avocado505

Avocado505 Bit Poster

Thanks guys....I've had the Hyundai ImageQuest Q770 (CRT) since building PC (3 yrs ago in september) & find that it still beats some of the flat screen stuff I've seen hands down in terms of image quality and colour saturation etc. Nice and flat and built in anti-glare screen is gr8...no headaches neven when on for hours n hours. :) I'm running MSI starforce nvidia gforce FX5200 128 Meg card which a m8 sold me for £20 (nice of him)which has really perked things up from original 64 Meg card I was running. I know it's not top of the range but my graphics run nice I reckon (for media etc. I'm not a PC gamer as such). There's a nice setting called "doublescan" on the screen timings page of graphics software which seems to enhance graphics quality really noticeably. So CRT still has a lot to offer & I'm not rushing to buy lcd etc. at the moment...plus I can't afford it anyway. :biggrin

Certifications: no IT certs yet...
    WIP: maybe A+ / MCSE ?