New here doing MCSE

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by fzr600dave, Mar 17, 2007.

1. fzr600dave

fzr600dave New Member

Hi i'm new i'm home studying to do my MCSE would like advice do i do A+, net+ etc... or jump right into MCSE or MCSA thanks

WIP: A+, Net+, MCSE
  2. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

If you have no other certs, then start with the A+, its a nice gentle start and will prepare you for the hard ones later. Oh, and welcome to CF!:)

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Welcome to CF, glad you found us :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Welcome to CF. :biggrin

As Raffaz said if you have no certs then A+ is your starting point, but it all really depends on what your IT background is, and where you feel you are at.

Do you work in IT?

8)

5. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Welcome to the CF :D

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  6. mondos

mondos Kilobyte Poster

Greetings :D.

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+, MCDST and finding a job!
  7. Kraven

Kraven Kilobyte Poster

Hey dude and welcome...

If your working within the IT industry and already have alot of knowledge and experience with network administration etc, then yeah I guess you'd be ok with the MCSA/MCSE material. If not then I agree with the guys, start with the A+ and onwards from there.

Kraven

Certifications: Network+, MCSA, 70-680
    WIP: A+, 70-685
  8. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome 8)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  9. fzr600dave

fzr600dave New Member

Yeah i think i will i did alot of computers since i was little but i guess it will be better i'm going to see if learn direct is anygood and how much they charge.

WIP: A+, Net+, MCSE
  10. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Start out at the beginning... A+. Then get an entry-level IT job, and start studying for the N+ and MCDST.

Welcome to the forum!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  11. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

I had a lot of experience (seven years) as a network admin prior to taking on any certs - i was told not to bother with the A+ > Net+ but in hindsight, i wish i had. There are some holes in my fundamental knowledge which wouldn't be there if i had dome them first and i believe a lot of the more complex stuff i had to learn would have been easier to learn without those holes.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  12. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi and welcome to the forum. :D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  13. Technogerry

Technogerry New Member

Im also new to this forum, ive been in IT for quite a long time.
    But ive just got the kick up the butt to take the exams.
    So i will probebly start from the beggining just like you (must get that MCP badge!!!) Then i will hopefully progress onto the MCSA as my company is paying for the exams :D

P.S im in Havant which is 10 miles away..

Hope you do ok.

Gerry
    :salut

WIP: MS MCSA
  14. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

I would certainly echo what Bluerinse said about the A+/N+. They will serve you very well before moving onto the more difficult certs. As for the MCSA (can't seem to find the equivalent for the MCSE but I guess it's similar) Microsoft recommend the following experience before taking it on.

p.s. Welcome to CF.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  15. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Here's the one for the MCSE

MCSE candidates should also have at least one year of experience implementing and administering network operating systems and desktop operating systems.

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security