New Here, And Need Your Help!!

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Dasilvaboy, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Dasilvaboy

Dasilvaboy New Member

Hey everyone .

New here so if ibreak any rules in this post please let me know and i will change it.

ok now my problem..

im wanting to become a programming , so i looked online and found "Computeach" but every forum or site only has bad things to say about the. a saleman came from computeach to see me and told me basically what i already knew.

i was wondering is it worth £6,000. and do i have to go to the training center in dudley is it a requiment or not?

would like your thoughts asap. thanks.

2. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Computeach have a bad reputation, and from lots of the stories i hear deservadly so.

You might be better off enquiring at local colleges and uni's, and also starting reading books and looking at programming forums for hints and advice.

Whatever you decide, good luck

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  3. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Hi and welcome to CF!

As a programmer of many years standing perhaps I can help.

First - certs are not nearly as relevant in the programming world as they are say in the networking field. (I am doing fairly well - and have no certs in programming at all.)

Second - do you have *any* experience in programming?

Third - most popular programming languages have *free* versions (and some of those indistinguishable from professional versions) available for download.

Fourth - there are *many* books on many languages available.

All this is *much* cheaper than training providers - but they *do* demand enthusiasm, persistence, stamina and focus from you.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+