New Guy

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by danny101, Jun 10, 2009.

1. danny101

danny101 New Member

Hi All

I have just joined up as I am looking to further my certs/knowledge. I've been contracting for 5 years now - quite high profile clients - mainly desktop support some server admin. I am now considering doing MCSE - i've not done any A+ N+ etc

I want to go down the management route - have PRINCE2 Practitioner and ITIL v3 Foundation -I feel that the mcse will hold me in good stead for getting in to a position where i can transfer to management eventually.

does this sound like 'Balleracs'???

2. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

Hi and Welcome to CF. Whilst not a management qualification, an MCSE would put you in good stead to be a technical manager. I know a few IT managers in our place hold similar qualifications. Best of luck, Jim

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

For management quals to compliment your technical skills, have you thought about the NVQ's in management, the LCGI in Management or even a p/t degree in management?

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. danny101

danny101 New Member

Hi

Thanks for the welcome messages - i forgot to mention that i have BSc Business Computing - I don't feel that a management course would be the best way to proceed, simply because with my background in IT, i have had more exposure to hands-on computing and only some management experience. Therefore i think an mcse would compliment my current skill-set, then perhaps provide a 'throughfare' in to managment (?)

Ta

Danny

5. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Hi & welcome to CF:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  6. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi and welcome to the forum. :biggrin

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685