New Full Time role

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Jaron78, May 28, 2011.

1. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

Afternoon all,

Been very quiet the last few weeks but pleased to announce that I have finally got a full time role.

Im currently working in a 1st Line helpdesk role for a Charity based locally. August 2010 I had an interview for a an american firm that were looking for a site based engineer. I was told that I had come across very well in the interview and they would like to see me again. However, it all fell through much to my dismay.

To cut a long story short they contacted me again last month and asked if I was still interested. I then had another 3 interviews, 4 tests, a colour blindness test and a Drugs test, all of which were passed thankfully.

I had the call yesterday and they confirmed that I would be working at Lloyds of London Insurance brokers but first I have a month of training on VMWare, Citrix, AD and a few other bits.

The money is brilliant and its advertised as a 1st / 2nd Line Support so I really really cant wait.

To those that are looking, just have faith. I spent 6 months looking for an IT job and its not easy. I sent hundreds and hundreds of applications and was lucky to get a response let alone an interview. Overall I had about 7 interviews and every single one said the same thing, "Lack of expereince"....however, there will be that one person that gives you the chance. When they do, grab it with both hands.

Dont lose faith guys :)

2. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

good stuff, congrats!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  3. kfoulks2011

kfoulks2011 Bit Poster

very much congrats man. Best of luck with it =).

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCP (70-270)
    WIP: 70-680
  4. steve_p1981

steve_p1981 Byte Poster

well done mate, i just landed my first IT interview for a proper organisation, have to take a couple of tests on that, hope i get the same result you did, congrats.

Certifications: A+ 220-701 and 220-702
    WIP: none at current but poss 70-680 soon
  5. reddevil12

reddevil12 Megabyte Poster

Congrats :thumbleft:thumbleft

Certifications: a+
    WIP: 70-270 / 70-680
  6. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

Talk about landing on yer feet! That's flippin brill...Lloyds of London, they can't be bad payers :)

The training will be really worth it too!

Well done!

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  7. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Congrats and best wishes on the new role:) Keep us informed of your progress on the role as time goes by.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  8. Jaron78

Cheers Fellas.
    I must be honest, I cant wait to start.

The company I'm at now, everyones really nice and the job is interesting, but they cant offer a full time role. Was meant to go full time 6 months ago but still on a three month contract (luckily it ends in June).

Will certainly keep you all up to date.

Back to the books for the 702 on the 8th June :)

Cheers

9. jiggy

jiggy Nibble Poster

Ive worked in Lloyds a couple of years ago although for a different syndicate. Can be stressful sometimes but its still good. We used to call the building the chocolate factory out of charlie and the.... Back then you werent allowed in without at least a suit jacket and tie, not sure if its still the same.

Have fun :-)

Certifications: MCSE
    WIP: ABC's
  10. Jaron78

Yup, had that already :)

Suit, Jacket, Tie....though apparently, Friday's are relaxed as all the staff are out at "Lunch" from 1pm till 5:30pm ;)

11. jiggy

jiggy Nibble Poster

well if things are still the same its not just Fridays that are a long lunch for quite a few of them. Quite a bit of business used to be done at the local pubs :)

Certifications: MCSE
    WIP: ABC's
  12. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Congratulations :)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009