1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New digital camera

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by brizzoluk, Oct 9, 2010.

1. brizzoluk

brizzoluk Kilobyte Poster

Im in the market for a new digital camera, my 5 year old sony cybershot was and still is a great piece of kit but want something a bit more powerfull and slimmer.
    Has anyone recently bought one?
    Im looking at either a panasonic Lumix or another Sony, any opinion on either?
    Certifications: ECDL, A+
    WIP: Network+
  2. bazzawood30

bazzawood30 Byte Poster

I got a Panasonic lumix tz10 about 2 months ago cost me £225 very nice camera, it was recommended to me by a friend who is a photographer he has one for when he cannot take a huge digital slr with him.

Certifications: ECDL,A+,N+,CCENT,CCNA,MCP,MCDST
  3. Simonvm

Simonvm Kilobyte Poster

What budget are you talking about here? Any other requirements? Do you want a long zoom range, RAW image formats and so on?

If money's not an issue, and you don't want a SLR, go for a Canon Powershot G12 or a Nikon P7000.
    Panasonic Lumix are great as well, but I never worked with any of them :)

Proud D90 owner myself 8)
    Certifications: MCITP: EST, MCDST, MCTS, A+, N+, CCNP, CCNA Wireless
  4. mattgrey

mattgrey Nibble Poster

I do a bit of freelance photography, but ony with SLR's. Any of the current Canon line up would be a great purhchase.

The Lumix range is very well regarded, although I have never used myself, I know a number of semi-pro togs who have them as back up cameras and love them!
    Certifications: none yet!
    WIP: A+
  5. brizzoluk

brizzoluk Kilobyte Poster

I have actually gone and bought the sony dsc h55.
    It was £205 and although i havnt really put it through its paces it seems like a nice little camera.
    Anybody have any opinions or experience with this model?
    Certifications: ECDL, A+
    WIP: Network+
  6. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Bit late for a reply if you have bought one but i was going to recommend the lumix range aswell, they are great for a compact. I normally use my canon SLR, but the lumix is great when space is an issue.
    Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house