1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Comptia Exam: Comptia PDI+

Discussion in 'News' started by wagnerk, Jul 29, 2007.

1. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

CompTIA PDI+™ Certification

CompTIA is pleased to announce that the CompTIA PDI+ beta exam, a critical step in exam development and industry validation, is now available to approved participants at no charge. We encourage all levels of Field Service and Depot Technicians (entry-level, mid-level and seasoned), Help Desk Technicians, Service Managers, training instructors and others that are involved in the printing and document imaging industry to apply for participation in the CompTIA PDI+ beta exam. The beta exam is available through August 31, 2007.

For article on PDI+, see here.
    For more info on joining the beta, see here.

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. wizard
      wizard
      Thanks for the links Ken :D
    2. tripwire45
      tripwire45
      It used to be that the old A+ covered all that (at least in theory).
    3. Theprof
      Theprof
      That looks interesting, its definitly worth looking at. Thanks Trip.
    4. datarunner
      datarunner
      thanks for the info/links. Looks interesting and have applied for a promotion code. Will see what happens. Cheers.
    5. UCHEEKYMONKEY
      UCHEEKYMONKEY
      Thanks for the update Ken:thumbleft
    6. BosonMichael
      BosonMichael
      That's quite a niche field... not sure how widely accepted that exam is going to be. In any case, I certainly wish them success.
    7. tripwire45
      tripwire45
      I was thinking the same thing, Michael. Usually a company will sign a contract with a service to manage their printers. I've never the qualifications of the printer techs that much thought and wonder if creating a certification just for them is worthwhile. On the other hand, CompTIA probably ran a bunch of studies and determined there was a need. :wink:
    8. BosonMichael
      BosonMichael
      Fixed. :twisted:
    9. tripwire45
      tripwire45
      Hardy har har (but probably true). :rolleyes:
    10. Spilly
      Spilly
      I've applied for it!

I've been trained by Brother, Minolta, Canon, Olivetti etc in the past so if it's for free I'll give it ago!