New CompTIA 2012 criteria?

Discussion in 'General CompTIA Certifications' started by satz, Jan 22, 2012.

1. satz

satz Bit Poster

Anyone have any news if their going to release a new exam criteria from 2009 exams. Just thinking of booking some exams in. Thinking might be pointless doing 2009 exams when they might release 2012 updated version.

2. satz

satz Bit Poster

" Network+ was first launched in 1999, and exam updates followed in 2002, 2005, and 2009. The 2009 version will be retired on August 31 2012; new objectives (the "2012 objectives") will begin to be examined in Nov/Dec 2011." - CompTIA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So is it best to wait?

3. jvanassen

jvanassen Kilobyte Poster

If its the Network+ in particular you are talking about then if you haven't already started studying i would start on the new criteria. Im close to taking the exam so am continuing with the old. It doesn't really matter what one you take though as long as you dont run out of time before they retire the 2009 one.

Certifications: CompTIA A+, Network+, CCENT
    WIP: ICND2 200-101
  4. satz

satz Bit Poster

i emailed Comptia this is the response i got.

Thank you for contacting CompTIA. Yes, a new CompTIA A+ exam will be launched later this year, approximately the 2nd quater. The current CompTIA A+ exam will be available to take until February 28, 2013. It is up to the Candidate which version they take.

5. andylad9

andylad9 Byte Poster

Hey Jvanassen, how close are you? I'm on chapter 14 of 19 in the mike meyers book. Looking to sit exam end of Feb. I think we passed A+ about the same time also.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | 70-680 | 70-685 | MTA Server
    WIP: deciding now...
  6. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

I wouldn't wait.
    Most employers don't care which version you have (if they care at all). I don't put down which version I have on my CV and no-one has asked.
    Another thing to consider: at the moment there is masses of study material out there for this version. It will take months to get even close with the new version.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  7. Asterix

Asterix Megabyte Poster

Exactly what this man says, dont let it hold you back, do this and then move onto the next cert (Server+???), I seriously doubt any employer would be put off with you completing an older version of this cert!