New Certifications

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by JonnyMX, Sep 21, 2006.

1. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

The blueprints are out for the Vista certs.

70-620 Vista Client: Configuration, which gives you 'MCTS Windows Vista Client'

70-623 Pro: Supporting and troubleshooting applications on a Vista client for consumer support technicians, (phew) being 'MCITP Cunsumer Support'.

70-622 Pro: Supporting and troubleshooting blah blah for enterprise support technicians, and a further as yet unidentified exam for enterprise support skills - both of which giving 'MCITP Enterprise Support'

Exactly how it all fits together is anyones guess but it looks as if MCITP Enterprise support could be the 'new' MCSE - a staggering 3 exams.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Wow 3 exams to replace the current 7. Not sure about this one :blink

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Kitkatninja

So far there's only 1 book out, that I can find.

70-620

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
  4. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Hmm.

I've done a couple of betas for the new developer track, and my impression was that they were harder than the exisitng track - or rather they required a deeper level of knowledge to pass.

I'm fairly sure I've read that the new exams require re-certification to keep yourself up to date. It doesn't say how often. Could this be an annual thing? Keep changing the exams and stop the dumpers catching up? Stop people cramming for asingle exam?

5. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

6. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

sounds good but what exactly they replacing? MCP for Win 2000/XP or MCDST?

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  7. rockstar6181

rockstar6181 Byte Poster

I think i heard you have to retake every 3 years which is fair enough, I look forward to seeing how they plan all these certs out.

Certifications: A/N+ MCSA 2003
  8. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

As Vista is not a server product I fail to see how the certs for it could equate to MCSE :blink

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  9. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

That's true - they're keeping very quiet about the server...

10. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

does that mean its been delayed AGAIN?:dry

11. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

I'll be pretty cheesed off if you have to retake them every 3 years. I hate this sort of thing because a lot of what I'm studying I'll never reuse in the real world and will probably forget quickly. If I have to retake the exams every 3 years it means I have to restudy things I'll never use over and over which is pointless. Once is enough. IMHO I think Microsoft have it right that your certified at the OS you pass at i.e. MCSE 2000 but not MCSE 2003 without taking the upgrade exams.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  12. Kitkatninja

I agree, I don't like the fact that the MCITP track needs to be redone every 3 years, but then again companies like CISCO & Citrix have always had the 3 year recert policy. In my opinion Microsoft is only following the way the other big companies are going.

-Ken

13. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

Or to put it another way screw more money out of you...:blink

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  14. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

watch exam prices go up... less exams = higher prices?:rolleyes:

15. Kitkatninja

I was trying to be diplomatic :twisted: