Network+ ???

Discussion in 'Network+' started by NetBoy, Nov 22, 2006.

1. NetBoy

NetBoy New Member

Hi Everyone ,

This my first post :). I am thinking about doing Network+ , i am on a work placement for a year (got free time lol ) . I am a uni student and i am doing software eng with Networks and i have realised that i want to do networks and i just wanted to ask few questions .

1) How does a network+ course cost at a VUE centre ?

2) Iv got basic knowledge of networks (bulit a simulation for my uni assignment in Opnet ) How many questions do you have get right to pass Network+ ?

3) Shall i go for Network+ or CCNA ? (My aim is to pass server+ and network+ by oct 07 )

4) Which books shall i purchase ? (i am thinking about buying David groths NA10-003)

Thanks for your help !!-

4)

WIP: Network+, Server+
  2. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

Hi and welcome.:D

OK, let's see...

1. I think about £160.

2. It's out of 85 questions but their scoring is weird so it's hard to put an exact pass mark on it. I'd say between 50 and 60 right will get you a pass.

3. I think people find CCNA progresses quite naturally from N+ but you might already know enough of the basics to go straight for the CCNA.

4. The Groth book is one of the best but it is quite dry. Don't know what the Mike Myers book is like but most say it's not as good as his A+ book.

Whatever you decide, good luck.

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  3. NetBoy

NetBoy New Member

Thanks for the advice :) i think il start with Network+ and see how i do on it, looking at the some of the questions on this forum iv done a uni based exam with same type of questions.

i am going to take it in the first week of Feb 07.

Then i will think about CCNA

4. Weemez

Weemez Kilobyte Poster

Baba hit the nail on the head, N+ gives you a good foundation knowledge before takling the CCNA, thats what i'm doing myself.

Good luck.:biggrin

Certifications: HNC Computing A+ N+ ICND1
    WIP: ICND2
  5. G1BB0

G1BB0 Nibble Poster

ditto am doing N+ and then straight onto CCNA

even if you alrady know most of the N+ stuff \i am sure there are a few areas you may not be so knowledgeable in, that way you get a cert aswell before tackling the CCNA

the more certs the merrier and could just make the difference when job hunting (and yes I know experience also is a a key factor!! hehe)

have set a target of both in 12 months (so I can ditch this crummy job lol)

Good Luck

WIP: N+ & CCNA
  6. NetBoy

NetBoy New Member

thanks for replying everyone !

My target is to pass N+ by Feb 07 .

CCNA to pass by OCT 07 :rolleyes: :dry