Network Visualiser

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by Mr.Cheeks, Sep 2, 2006.

1. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Has anyone used Network Visualiser before?

If you have, whats your comments on this program?

2. Mr.Cheeks

anybody???

3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

I haven’t used it but from talking to some Cisco gurus I’ve heard if you really want to get clued up on Cisco you have to set up a lab with physical devices. I’ll cost you but its worth it :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  4. Mr.Cheeks

Sparky,

Can this be used instead of buying the CISCO lab gear that was people always mention when they start the CCNA course?

5. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

To be honest I don’t know. I’ve got a Cisco router (was given it when I left my last job and the company was going down the pan) and hopefully I’ll be picking up an old Cisco PIX firewall from work. The reason I’m doing this as I think working with the actual hardware is better than working in a virtual environment.

Don’t get me wrong, installing a virtual server is great for some testing but it’s not going to be the same as an actual server. You could argue the same point for Cisco exams.

Perhaps it would help if a few people who have passed the CCNA post what training materials they used? 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  6. Mr.Cheeks

I think this answers my questions