Network Texting Device

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Fergal1982, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

I've heard that there are devices you can get to hook up to your network that allow you to send text messages via PC, does anyone know where you can get these? I cant seem to see anything on google.

I was thinking about these online text services that allow you to use web services to send txts from your programs, and was looking into the possibility of producing one ourself. On top of that, I assume that there are tariffs you can get to go along with them that provide txts cheap enough that, if you sell the texts to others, allow you to turn a profit.

Am I gibbering away here? Or am I making sense?

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  2. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

http://www.esendex.com/uk/products-...+messages+pc&gclid=CJbBobf_zI4CFRLmgAodRTD09g

Found this one after a quick search - haven't reviewed the site, but looks professional enough at a glance. See what you think.

We use What's Up Gold here, but it goes the other way - monitoring hardware and sending messages when things go wrong.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  3. Fergal1982

I was looking more for buying the hardware that we could hook up to our own network to send the texts, rather than using a webservice from a company doing that.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
  4. Arroryn

Will this be for multiple users to use 'generally' or is it for one user only?

5. Fergal1982

Id probably look at setting it up for use through a webservice, available to the whole network, so anyone can add it into their programs.

6. Arroryn

Okay. I need to harass some of my suppliers today anyway - if they know of anything, I'll let you know :biggrin