1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Network/Telecom Cabling certs?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by benhart007, Aug 18, 2005.

1. benhart007

benhart007 New Member

Hey all! I a new guy here so go easy on me :biggrin ...lol

Anyway curently Im A+, Network+, and an MCSA:Windows 2000. I've been in the field for 7 years now and have been supporting inside and outside cabling plants for pretty much the entire time. I'm wondering, does any association or industry group out there provide a certification exam for physical cabling? I've tried looking through what Prometric and Pearson/vue have and have'nt really found anything yet, can anyone throw me some assistance on this? I'd be very grateful.

Thanks guys!

Ben :D

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCSA:Windows 2000
    WIP: MCSA: Windows Server 2003 Upgrade
  2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Hi, benhart007. A quick Google didn't seem to indicate anything but I might not be using the right search string. You'd think there'd be some sort of certification process but who am I to know?

In any event, welcome to our humble corner of cyberspace. When you get a moment, please pop up to the New Members Introduction forum and say a proper "hello". Cheers. :)

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. benhart007

benhart007 New Member

Thats what I would have thought as well...crap if you look through Prometrics list of exam providers you'll even see Quiznos! I can only assume the sub-maker?!?! Why would'nt there be one for cabling?

Anyway thanks for the reply and I'll pop up to the new members place as well.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCSA:Windows 2000
    WIP: MCSA: Windows Server 2003 Upgrade
  4. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Sorry if I'm taking a wild stab here, but it would seem to me that it is a genuine subject to have a qualification in, but not necessarily in IT. Would this maybe better fall under the category electrical/ electronics or something. Have you looked to see if IEEE offer anything along these lines.

As I said - just some random words typed onto a page from me ...:oops:

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity