Network simulation.

Discussion in 'Virtual and Cloud Computing' started by stuPeas, Oct 1, 2007.

1. stuPeas

stuPeas Megabyte Poster

looks like VMWare it is, then!! :D

Certifications: C&G Electronic, CIW Associate (v5).
    WIP: CIW (Website Design Manager)
  2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Dumb question time. XP home can't join a domain but XP Pro can. Will this limitation on the host in any way impact creating and joining domains within a virtual framework?

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

No
    the only reason I can imagine Home having limitation is it has some different driver stacks to pro, including the network stack

that said

if VMWare Server runs on XP Home, then anything you put on it will be fine, its a unique computing environment

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  4. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

LOL.

I guess it is advertising in a sense, but it doesn't come out of me with that in mind. I just am so sold on not only the concept of open source and the GPL, but Linux itself, that it just flows out of me when I see someone in a bind because of the lack of resources. I've been there and done that. I'm still doing it too. Linux availability along with the ability to work with any technology for the price of a download and the effort it takes to learn is the only reason I now have an income after 5 years. If it wasn't for that I'd have long ago had to stop learning new technologies just from a lack of funds. So, when I "advertise" Linux, it's because it comes from right where I live.

BTW, just call me Freddy. ffreeloader is just short for Freddy Freeloader, the old Red Skelton character.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  5. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Just copied this from Virtual pc site

The Virtual PC application requires a 400 MHz Pentium-compatible processor (1.0 GHz or faster recommended), and requires approximately 20 MB of disk space. It runs on Windows Vista Business, Windows Vista Enterprise, Windows Vista Ultimate, Windows XP Professional, or Windows XP Tablet PC Edition.

The real requirements for running Virtual PC are those necessary to support the guest operating systems that you will run. Add the disk requirements for every guest OS you’ll install and add the memory requirements for every guest OS you will run simultaneously, plus memory for the host OS. Below are the requirements for some of the operating systems that can be run as a guest operating system. Virtual PC can run most x86 operating systems, not just the operating systems listed below, in a virtual machine environment.

when I origionally download Virtual pc I didn't know it needed XP pro untill I tried to start it, then it said MY OS didn't support it.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?