1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Network+ questions...

Discussion in 'Network+' started by cdog, Jul 22, 2008.

1. cdog

cdog Bit Poster

Hi everyone,

After passing my A+ last year I now wish to try my the Network+. But I was given a Mike Meyers book last year that was old then and I wonder if i'm studying the right objectives (all-in-one third edition) since it was made in 2004...

Also, looking at test centres, is there no way to pay anything less that £164 + VAT to take the test?!?!

Thanks

Certifications: ACA, A+, MCITP:DA, MCSA, ITIL v3 (F)
    WIP: ACSP 10.6
  2. -Mercury-

-Mercury- Byte Poster

Yep, that's the most up to date book at the moment. Good book, I'm currently coming to the end of reading it myself.

I'd also recommend the David Groth Sybex Network+ book which you can get for about £20.

Always worth checking the the exam objectives on the Comptia website to make sure you're studying the right material. Here

I think you can get vouchers to save some money but never purchased them myself personally.

Mike Meyers has a new book coming out I believe for the 2009 exam but if you are wanting to take the exam this year then the book you have is good.

Certifications: MCSA|MCDST|A+|Net+
    WIP: CCENT
  3. cdog

cdog Bit Poster

Thanks, just got to plough my way through that book now then and take some mock tests, as I felt that Meyers A+ was more than sufficient to pass if read front to back.

As for the price of the exam I might just have to bite the bullet on that one, although I have been informed 'If you are eligible for JK0-012 Jobs+/E2C Network+ Certification the cost is £84 + VAT', although from reading the compTIA website those appear to be the same exam but for corporate customers only?

Certifications: ACA, A+, MCITP:DA, MCSA, ITIL v3 (F)
    WIP: ACSP 10.6