Network question.

Discussion in 'Networks' started by MikeRoberts2006, Oct 6, 2005.

1. MikeRoberts2006

MikeRoberts2006 New Member

Hello

I have been going round in circles trying to work out what i should do to solve this problem for the last few days. I have BT broadband, and 2 computers on this network. I am trying to connect my Ps2 online but i cant do it without using the ethernet output from the BT modem in the other room. However i am not alowed to have this so i have been looking for a solution. As the ps2 can not be plugged in directly to the computer i am confused as to what i need to purchase, (router, modem etc.) and if it will be compatible with my existing BT conection. Does any one have any ideas?

I will post any more infomation if needed. Cheers.

2. moominboy

moominboy Gigabyte Poster

first of all welcome to cf mate!

why not pop along to the new members forum and introduce yourself there too!

have you contacted bt to ask? i think they offer the necessary equipment to go online with the ps2. why aren't you allowed?

when i did it i just bought the ethernet add-on and hooked straight into the modem but if you need network and ps2 im guessing a router would do the trick.

Certifications: ECDL
    WIP: A+