network plus with advent

Discussion in 'Network+' started by DAVID ARROWSMITH, Jul 17, 2008.

1. DAVID ARROWSMITH

DAVID ARROWSMITH Nibble Poster

anybody got any idea as to how much advent training charge for their network plus course ? don,t wish to enquire direct as i will probably get a pushy salesman around.
    thanks dave.

Certifications: a plus
    WIP: exam 70-620 windows vista
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

It will be more than you need to pay.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

No idea, but why would you want to payout for a course?

I self studied the Net+ and saved myself a bundle, im sure you could do the same?

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  4. DAVID ARROWSMITH

DAVID ARROWSMITH Nibble Poster

apparently these training providers are going to get you a job in it once qualified hence the cost of these courses !

Certifications: a plus
    WIP: exam 70-620 windows vista
  5. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

if you live in their correct geographical area then they might be able to get you a job. But I wouldn't bet a days wages on it.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  6. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Its a very bold statement to say they'll get you a job...

Again though, you can get your own job now, nothings stopping you? You dont need to pay them for the course, or the "job guarantee".

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  7. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Having self-studied the Net+ myself, I reckon you'll get far more enjoyment (genuinely) from doing it yourself. I used the Dave Groth 4th Edition Network+ Study Guide, the Mike Meyers Network+ 2nd Edition Passport, the Network Admin Street Smarts (way more than I needed for the exam, but still very useful), and the Network + Fast Pass. Oh, and I set myself (well, to be honest, I already had it) a little network up. Loadsa fun, and pretty cheap.

8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

You're buying into their promises, eh? :deal

Do you know how many ways there are out of a job promise guarantee? They could:
    - offer you a job for a salary you are unwilling/unable to take
    - offer you a job in a location you are unwilling/unable to commute to
    - offer you a job working a schedule that you are unwilling/unable to accept (either based on number of hours or time-of-day)
    - offer you a job working under conditions that you are unwilling/unable to accept
    - offer you a job working doing tasks that you are unwilling/unable to accept

...but in all cases, they've "fulfilled" their side of the agreement, and they've got your money. Not saying Advent does or does not do any of this... but these are all ways out of a job promise guarantee.

Be careful. Nobody can guarantee you a job unless they actually have a job themselves that they will offer you.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  9. metrock 66

metrock 66 Byte Poster

Have to agree with BM on this about 6 months i agreed to a visit from a TP gave me all the bull about how i could be earning £30,000+ after i qualify from A+ i was a bit nieve IT wise showed him the door done some research found certforums took advice from guys on here self study got the books i needed A.I.O mike meyers and streetsmart pc tech and i have not looked back and a hell of a lot cheaper :D

Certifications: None
    WIP: Just started A+