1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Network + is calling...

Discussion in 'Network+' started by noelg24, Oct 14, 2009.

1. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Hello all...

Many of you will know who I am :biggrin

Those of you who don't, count yourselves lucky lol.

Ok as the title suggests, I am now looking to get the Network + under my belt. I already have the A+ so now I need the N+ for work purposes as my manager and I sat down yesterday and basically we outlined what I need to do between now and Dec. I want to get the exam done probably by Jan at the earliest and Feb at the latest.

So I need some help. Basically the usual, what books can I read, websites can I practise on, etc.

Thank you all in advance :biggrin

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

a'reet,

The exam cram Network+ was good when I did mine years ago.

Welcome back! :biggrin

3. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

lol ah thank you mate. But I need something upto date, if there is anything upto date that is :biggrin

4. PaulioH

PaulioH Bit Poster

Hey this is the one I used. I just passed a few days ago. It's quite lengthy book but has all bases covered. Some short videos accompany the excercises as well.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/CompTIA-Net...ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1255523412&sr=8-1-fkmr0

However, I think most people on this forum seem to recommend a book by Meyers. Not sure the exact title of the book but I'm sure some of the other guys will probably come up with it in a moment! :biggrin

Certifications: BSc BISM, A+, N+, ITIL v3
    WIP: MCDST, MCAS
  5. Shinigami

Shinigami Megabyte Poster

I passed as well, today to be exact =)

2 hours, 100 questions. 80% of the questions were short sentences with single word answers.

Got 850/900, fumbled on some of the 803/802.xxx type answers (in other words, it plays to be able to distinguish what each of the numbers/standards is and does).

Overall not bad as I did kind of rush through the Mike Meyers book :oops: I guess +10 years worth of experience helped.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2009
    Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, MCDST, MOS, CIW, Comptia
    WIP: Win7/Lync2010/MCM
  6. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Ah thanks guys will have a look at Amazon as that is where I bought my A+ books a few years back :biggrin