Network + from a book

Discussion in 'Network+' started by nooster, Oct 12, 2008.

1. nooster

nooster Bit Poster

Having had no luck whatsoever with my (seemingly useless) Cerco certificate I have started to learn network plus. I am using a book to study and have allowed myself 6 months. As I live in a very poor area for IT positions (Suffolk) I have not applied for much lately as I never seem to have the experience companies are asking for. Will the network plus open up many opportunities that are not available now and is it worth applying now before I have the qualification?

Certifications: CCSN (CERCO)
  2. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

If you read around the forums you'll see this question has been asked and answered many times before.

There is NO substitute for experience when it comes to IT so yes, start applying for entry level stuff now (you can always mention you're studying). If you're a complete novice you should probably start with the A+ and then move on to Network+.

Nothing to stop you putting together your CV and approaching companies direct saying you're looking for an entry level position to get you started on an IT career.

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

what he said ^

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?