1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Network Certifications

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by tom_l, Apr 27, 2008.

1. tom_l

tom_l New Member

Hi everyone, new on the forums. I'm just studying for my A+ (passed 601, and got the 602 scheduled in 2 weeks). I'm looking to do a network certification next. Now I'm just wondering, what order to do them in. Would it be better to get decent network knowledge first by doing the CompTIA N+ or could I go straight for one of the microsoft certifications (looking to do the MCIPT: Server Administrator). I have a basic network knowledge, but it's fairly limited.

Thanks

Tom

WIP: A+
  2. MrNerdy

MrNerdy Megabyte Poster

N+ would be the natural step forward after A+ in my view.
    And then try either a Microsoft or Cisco qualification after that.
    It does depend on what you really want to do long term & what your goals are.

Certifications: ECDL, CiscoIT1 & A+
    WIP: Girlfriend & Network+
  3. BosonMichael
    Highly Decorated Member Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I too would recommend Network+ first.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. tom_l

tom_l New Member

Oooh nice that the N+ is just the one exam too :) I think I might go with that one then. Cheers Dudes.

WIP: A+
  5. Lev Arris

Lev Arris Byte Poster

the N+ is a beast of an exam though. It does cover a lot of theory and also practical stuff, which makes it brilliant as a starting block to doing any further networking certs.

The N+ is no easy exam though

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, MCSA (270,290,291)
    WIP: CCNA ..Global Domination
  6. Crito

Crito Banned

Network+ will give you a solid foundation on which to build.

And in case you missed the recent news:
    http://certification.comptia.org/news/get_news.aspx?prid=1332

Certifications: A few
    WIP: none
  7. Chopperchand

Chopperchand Nibble Poster

I'm currently studying for the Network+, there is alot of info to remember but it will give you a solid foundation in network. As words and theories will come up in the later certs and as you will have already read and understand it; it will be easier to take on the my complex network stuff. best of luck with you studies:)

WIP: MCSA Sql Server 2012