1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Network Book Recommendations

Discussion in 'Network+' started by hoplex, Feb 12, 2005.

1. hoplex

hoplex Bit Poster

I have just passed my A + and ready for Network +. I have noticed there is a new Syllabus which was issued in Jan 2005. Most pple are recommending the books from Mike Meyer and David Groth. Do this book have the latest objective?
    Last exam A+ I noticed new questions which demanded more knowledge than contained in the recommended books. Luckily I had pleasure read some of the staff. I do not want to get in the same position again.

I would love to get a a lot of books recommendations which cover variety topics. Thank you all for the support.
    Certifications: A+; Network +
  2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

As far as CompTIA's objectives for the Network+ exam, you can go to this link:

CompTIA Network+ Certification page

and click on the Network+ objectives button on the left-hand side of the page. You'll have to register with CompTIA to get the info but it will give you the objectives. I know that CompTIA finished beta testing on the new version of the Network+ exam on December 31, 2004 and I don't think the new version has gone live yet.

It's been awhile since I had to study for the Network+ test so I don't know the best books currently available. I used an earlier edition of Tamara Dean's book published by Course Technology. Here's the link:

Network+ Guide to Networks, Third Edition

As I recall, it was pretty dry reading but I have to admit, it had all the information for me to pass the Network+ exam.

Hope that helps. Good luck.
    Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Well, I used the David Groth book (Sybex) Third Edition, and found it fairly comprehensive, and a very pleasant read, on a par with Meyers' A+

HTH [​IMG]
    Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity