Network+ Announcement from CompTIA

Discussion in 'Network+' started by tripwire45, Jun 22, 2005.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I got an email from CompTIA in my "bulk" folder but I thought I'd share it with you anyway. :tongue

The long-awaited new CompTIA Network+ is now available from CompTIA ... Certification is proof of your skills and knowledge, and it can give you the edge over other job applicants. Many companies use certifications as a way to determine qualified candidates. Don't get lost in the paper shuffle; make your resume stand out with a respected industry credential. CompTIA Network+ certification is proof of your professional achievement, providing you with:

* A viable career path
    * Enhanced job opportunities
    * Proof of professional achievement
    * Foundational knowledge for advanced certifications

The new CompTIA Network+ exam (N10-003) tests for technical ability and skill in today's networking environment, and the environment planned for the future. For example, the updated exam covers fast-growing technologies such as wireless networking and gigabit Ethernet. It also tests for foundational knowledge in important areas such as media, network topology, protocols, services, and features and functions of various networking components.

CompTIA Network+ is among the certifications most frequently recommended by community colleges and training organizations to those pursuing a career in IT. More than 160,000 people worldwide hold this certificate. CompTIA Network+ is also incorporated into certification tracks by leading hardware and software suppliers. Microsoft, for example, includes CompTIA Network+ as an elective in its MCSA certification track.

Those interested in the new CompTIA Network+ certification exam are encouraged to visit the CompTIA Web site for test objectives, sample test questions, and test taking tips. The Web site also contains information on training materials and providers, financial aid, exam cost and how to register.

See http://www.comptia.org/certification/network

for more details. Good hunting. 8)

Certifications: A+ and Network+