network administrator

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by deji, Nov 24, 2012.

1. deji

deji New Member

Hi All,

I want to change career to become a Network administrator but cant get a loan to support
    tuition with the colleges.

I hoping to work my way up step by step by taking courses/training towards my goal.

Please give me your advice on the best route and which courses or certifications to go for.

Many thanks

2. ade1982

ade1982 Megabyte Poster

Your best bet is getting an entry level position and working your way up. It's very unlikely anyone would let you loose on a network without first having experience supporting users.

Depending where you are working, either the A+, Network+ or CCENT are going to be good shouts.

3. Beerbaron

Beerbaron Megabyte Poster

the majority of basic certs you can self study for so you dont need to spent loads of money on courses/training.

Certifications: BSc (Hons), MSc, ITIL v3F, MCP, MCDST, MCITP: edst7, MCTS, MCSA: Server 2003, MCSA: Windows 7, N+, NVQ IT lvl 3, MCSA Windows 7, VCP5, CCENT, CEH
    WIP: CISSP
  4. parman05

parman05 Byte Poster

I would look into network +, ccent, ccna, mcsa certs.

Depending on what you want to work on. If its windows server look into those certs. Ccent and ccna are cisco certs for cisco equipment.

Certifications: A+, Network +, MCTS WIN7 (70-680), MCITP WIN7 (70-685), MCSA WIN7, Linux +,LPIC-1, Novell CLA 11, SUSE 11 Tech Spec, DC Tech Spec
    WIP: 70-640, 70-642, security +, CCNA