1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Netscape Navigator: discontinued

Discussion in 'Software' started by Sparky, Dec 29, 2007.

1. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7163547.stm

Shame, I used it when I was at uni. :(

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Exchange 2007\2010
  2. greenbrucelee

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

It is a bit of a shame because it started the browser revolution, but it was a bad design imo. I also used it at uni.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. malik06

malik06 Nibble Poster

Mozilla's Firefox was developed by a lot of the same people, so it's spirit lives on.

Certifications: Network+, MCDST, MCSA
    WIP: MCSE
  4. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster Forum Leader

I remember that that was probably one of the very first browsers I used. I think I even used that before IE.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  5. BosonMichael

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I used it back in the Netscape 3 days... but stopped using it when IE provided an improvement. When AOL bought Netscape, I knew it would never recover... they've taken many of the technologies I once loved and simply let them rot. :dry

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

The first browser I used was called Cello. I then heard rumours of this new app called Netscape....

Harry

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+