Netcom? MCSA

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Jmorley88, May 18, 2010.

1. Jmorley88

Jmorley88 New Member

Hi,

I’m new this forum and I have been looking at the TP Netcom. I found both negative and positive reports on them. Negative being how they advertise, does anyone know what their training is like? Is it worth while?

I am looking to do a MCSA in Birmingham, Netcom netcomtrainingsolutions .co.uk offer:
    CompTIA
    MCP
    MCSA
    all for £2,500, over about 8weeks.
    This includes, labs, inhouse training and lectures, mock exams, 121 help, etc.

I have completed an AVCE in ICT and a foundation year in Applied computing at Manchester. However, after that I decided I wanted a change and took theology. I'm am almost finished the degree and looking to go back into IT.

Just a few questions:
    Is a MCSA worth going for to get a good job in it, or is there other traning i should be looking at?
    How much should I be paying?
    Any other advice that may be helpful?
    Is it safe?

2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

HI welcome

do you work in IT?

The MCSA is not a cert for someone looking to start in IT it is a cert for people who have around 6-12 months as a network admin.

You should be looking at compTIA A+,N+ and MCDST and no further until you have experience.

I don't know anything about this TP as I have self studied all my certs since its cheaper and I can gurantee myself the best study material where as if I was with a TP I would have to use what was given to me.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. ThomasMc

ThomasMc Gigabyte Poster

All that in 8 weeks, jeez :blink, my MCDST course was longer than that

Certifications: MCDST|FtOCC
    WIP: MCSA(70-270|70-290|70-291)
  4. thomas130

thomas130 New Member

I would'nt trust them they are advertising jobs yet what they was trying to do was to sell training instead. You better off buying books and setting virutuals for expierence

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY WITH THEM CON MAN