NetApp documentation

Discussion in 'Other IT certifications' started by zebulebu, Dec 23, 2007.

1. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Hey folks

Just started a new job and am trying to get to grips with our SAN. It's a NetApp FAS200 series stuck in a data centre - I don't have access to the documentation and wouldn't mind having a quick ferret around before I set myself up on one of the NetApp CBT courses. I have a reasonably decent understanding of SAN technologies, fabrics and disk arrays but have NEVER touched a NetApp product (all my experience so far has been with HP).

Does anyone have any quick pointers or links for some basic .pdfs that take me through the fundamentals? You need to register an account at now.netapp.com to download owt from their site - I could register with them now, but in order to register for the site with the level of access necessary to download anything useful I need the serial number of our appliance - and, with it being xmas, I can't get to the machine to find it :(

I don't want to be sodding around with it, because its a heavy production SAN - it runs almost all of our tier 1 apps and, with less than a week on the job, I don't fancy being the man responsible for crashing a mission critical application because of some 'fiddling' :biggrin

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  2. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Hey Zeb,

If you can find the link for anything you want on the NetApp site, it will allow you to open the PDFs without signing up:

Linky Example

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA