Net+ Study guide

Discussion in 'Network+' started by Confuzedgurl, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Confuzedgurl

Confuzedgurl New Member

Hello -

Quick question...I am about to start studying for the Net+ and I currently have Mike Meyers All in One 4th edition. I just realized that there is a 5th edition out and I was wondering if I should be using that instead? I wasn't sure if the objectives..etc would be different or if it even matters?

Thanks!

2. Boffy

Boffy Megabyte Poster

You can still take the 004 exam until August 21st 2012 so don't worry about it :)

Professor Messer, CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, Microsoft Certification Training also has N+ online videos for free. He covers both 004 and 005 exams if you wanted to see the difference.

Certifications: BSc Computer Game Technology, A+
    WIP: MOS 2010
  3. Confuzedgurl

Confuzedgurl New Member

Thank you ..but unfortunately I wont be taking it before August 21st lol :(. Thanks for the other info :)

4. malayo

malayo Bit Poster

thanks for this info. didn't know about it until now

Certifications: LPIC-1, VCP4
  5. The Zig

The Zig Kilobyte Poster

Just to second that, Messer is awesome. He was my primary resource for the Microsoft 70-680, which I passed first time. Also, when teaching A+, I always encourage the keener A+ students to "read ahead" with Messer. Then when we come to the tricky bits, I can give them the "leadership activity" of teaching the rest, while I perfect my Unreal Tournament technique closely monitor the class.

Certifications: A+; Network+; Security+, CTT+; MCDST; 4 x MTA (Networking, OS, Security & Server); MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Support; MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Administrator; MCITP - Server Administrator; MCSA - Server 2008; MCT; IOSH; CCENT
    WIP: CCNA; Server 2012; LPIC; JNCIA?