Nerve-racking 702 experience!

Discussion in 'A+' started by nosferatu, Feb 11, 2011.

1. nosferatu

nosferatu New Member

So off I go this morning to sit my 702 exam. 9.15am appointment. It's a 45-minute drive to the centre and I'm 10 minutes away at about 8.50 when I realise...Oh S**T...I've forgotten my ID.

Gutted. I knew they wouldn't let me take the test without it, and I thought there wasn't much chance of them saying 'That's OK, go home and get it and you can sit the exam later on'. So I was very pleasantly surprised when that's more or less exactly what they did say.

Passed with 823, no thanks to Computeach's useless textbook - I've read it cover-to-cover several times and there was stuff on that test that I've never even HEARD of.

Still, all's well that ends well and all that...

Certifications: A+
  2. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

Nice one! always nice when stuff turns out for the better when you're not expecting it :)

Isn't just you - I'm always forgetting stuff, i flew out to Berlin last monday working, got to the airport without my online boarding pass - ended up having to pay £5 for bastard wifi at the airport just so i could email easyjet my boarding pass for them to print off....

Good skills on the pass anyway! whats next?

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud
  3. co.ador

co.ador Bit Poster

I am planning to take this test what did you suggest to study in specific after taking this test?

4. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass! :D

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats, and welcome! :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Congrats on the pass. :thumbleft

Probably would have had to pay a lot more if you missed the flight.:ohmy

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  7. nosferatu

nosferatu New Member

Thanks for the replies folks.

As for what's next, I'm on a Computeach learning program (that I signed up for before I'd looked into the whole subject properly :x) so I have to do the 70-680 next. Also I have to buy a copy of Windows 7 :eek:

I've never even used Vista - I'm still on XP (actually 95% of the time I'm on Linux)

As for what to study...it seemed to me that there were a LOT of questions about networking. I remember thinking the same thing about the 701 at the time. And printers.

Wouldn't really know what books to recommend because I only used the one (plus Prof. Messer's videos) but, in hindsight, I'd say use more than one...

Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
  8. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

Do computeach give you discount on Windows 7 software?

If not, check this link out - i found this site as a link on microsoft's education site a while back

http://www.software4students.co.uk/

Not sure entirely where you'd stand with your status as a "Student" not sure if they fully mean univeristy or college etc

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud
  9. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  10. nosferatu

nosferatu New Member

Apexes

Thanks for the link, but I'd already ordered a copy off eBay. Computeach was on their list of colleges, amazingly enough, but they only seem to do upgrade editions of W7 and I wanted the full version really.

Thanks anyway

11. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Well done :)

I wish my nearest test center was only the short distance you drive. My north easte west or south are all 54 miles away from me theres one other to north north east which is 56 miles :D

Well done on the pass.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?