need your help :D

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by nixdorf0, Aug 27, 2008.

1. nixdorf0

nixdorf0 New Member

ive been into computers for a few years now, including my 3 years at college for my national diploma in pc, never realle had a long stint in a pc job, but many part time ones, im realle sick of my current job of 3 years(not in computers) and realle wanna leave, been offered a msce course by computrain, but id rather self study after reading all the other threads, but do u think i need to find another job first to get experiance in computers (if u think so any ideas where to start?) or shall i start out on the bottom rung so to speak of the "MCSE".

thanks in advance for any advice given :biggrin

2. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Nope you dont need to be working, id look at either A+, network+ or the MCDST certs (in XP or vista) and get applying for basic first line roles

A good technique for first line is to empthasise customer service skills as they usually will train you in weak technical areas anyways.

best of luck

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  3. Naive

Naive Byte Poster

Just to strengthen this post, I actually took the above advice not so long ago and I'm now happily studying for the first part of my MCDST and start my first I.T job on the 15th Sept. :D

Best of luck :thumbleft

WIP: MCDST
  4. nixdorf0

nixdorf0 New Member

thank you both loads for the advice, going to start self training as soon as i can :D