Need to create image of my programs

Discussion in 'Software' started by Professor-Falken, Oct 21, 2010.

1. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Actually.... if the OP had just followed the link on the original post that I gave for Laplink PC Mover he would already have the answer and he would have done what he needed to do by now, unfortunately because he is lazy and just didn't ****ing bother he has pissed off alot of people by asking the same thing again.

Prof... follow the link ---- >>> PC Mover, read the blurb... buy the application and follow the instructions.

I know it works because I moved my wifes apps and data from an old Vista laptop to a Windows 7 shuttle without too many issues at all.

Next time, take the TIME to read things and you won't have so many issues further down the line.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  2. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

This is exactly what he is asking.

Prof, we're not here to do your job for you. If you had any IT experience at all, including your A+ then you would know the answer to your problem.

Hint: User state migration

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  3. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

The problem with USMT is that it won't migrate applications but the app I linked to does.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  4. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

To be fair I didn't follow the link before but I think he wants to migrate the programs and settings of XP from one pc to another, not from XP to win7.

He would also need to install the programs on the new pc first as far as I understand it.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
  5. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

No no no.

It's a PC moving program, the fact that I did it from Vista to Seven is irrelevent, it's the fact that I moved the applications from one pc to another without having to reinstall them manually that's important here.

6. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hey Simon, I just read more about the pcmover program. Quite a good idea.

7. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

None of this does what the OP asked for in THIS thread.

Simon's program sounds like exactly what he needs.

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  8. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

Learn something new everyday as I didn't know this was possible.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  9. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Call yourself an IT tech???....... No I didnt either. I assumed, as you did, that the app would need detailed knowledge of every file location/reg key relevant to every piece of software in the build - a task that is nigh on impossible.

I suppose, though, that it could just copy all of the keys from the HKCU/Software section of registry. Sure there might be some dead things in there that dont apply, but for the most part it would work.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present