Need to bypass Windows Logon Password Screen

Discussion in 'Software' started by Professor-Falken, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Professor-Falken

Professor-Falken Kilobyte Poster

Does anyone know of a good Windows password cracker program? I am using Ophcrack and it is taking more than 30 minutes and I cant understand the program. Man these programs are complicated. I read that Ophcrack live CD does everything for you. So I downloaded and burned the cd and ran it but I cant really tell my progess. Can anyone suggest any easy to use password recovery program.

Thanks,

Jose Vizcaino

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia Network +
  2. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Um, why?
    if your trying to crack a windows password it takes a long more longer than 30 mins!

3. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

not quite cheeks.. 5 mins is all it takes! Prof im going to trust you cause i know you wouldnt cause harm to machines so im PM'ing you a link of a freeware tool i used lots of times before! :twisted:

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  4. Luddym

Luddym Megabyte Poster

There are definately some good 'bootable' tools out there that can do the job in minutes, as Zimbo said. They've got me out of a hole on more than one occasion.

Certifications: VCP,A+, N+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: Christmas Drunkard
  5. Taita

Taita Nibble Poster

Certifications: A+ N+ MCP
    WIP: MCSE
  6. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

0phcrack's live CD is my tool of choice - I've used others, but I find it the most reliable and most likely to give results quickly. Of course, it all depends on the strength of the password you're trying to crack...

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  7. skulkerboyo

skulkerboyo Megabyte Poster

Can you get onto the system as a non admin? There are many priveledge escalation methods you can use once your "in". It all depends on what you are trying to do

Theres an easy to use utility on hirens but really all of the above suggestions should do. I just prefer to use more traditional methods before I try summat that may pickle the os
    Good luck

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA 03, MCSA 08, MCTS(680+648),A+,N+,ITILV3 Foundation, ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis
    WIP: 70-417
  8. skulkerboyo

skulkerboyo Megabyte Poster

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA 03, MCSA 08, MCTS(680+648),A+,N+,ITILV3 Foundation, ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis
    WIP: 70-417