Need some ideas..help!!!

Discussion in 'General CompTIA Certifications' started by Bhavesh, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Bhavesh

Bhavesh Bit Poster

Hi Guys.

Good evening..

I need some advice from you guys as i know most of you are IT Professional..

Well basically i want to go into training of Comptia A+ and MCDST.
    But im my background i have recently graduate Bsc Compter Science in 2007 since then i have been working for agencie doing ICT Technician in 6 different schhols which gains me experience.
    Before i went to university i went to College and studyed
    - Access to Computing
    &
    - City & Guilds Pc Maintence and Repair course level 1 - 4

Do you think i should go into Comptia A+ and MCDST training?? before i go and join the company offering me training for £1300, yes £1300 is far too expensive.

Can you help me some advice please

Many thanks
    From
    Bhavesh

2. Trogdor

Trogdor Kilobyte Poster Gold Member

Cheaper to do it self-study tbh. Get yourself some books and study - bounce any questions you have off of us and take the exam when YOU feel ready. Best way to go imo. A+, N+ then MCDST are the best way to go for start off certs.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Server+, PDI+, MCDST, HP APS Server, HP APS Desktop / Laptop
    WIP: ITIL, CCNA, MCSA, and BSc
  3. Bhavesh

Bhavesh Bit Poster

how do i get into exams??? sorry if i ask this. as i really wanted to get into next level chapter..

4. Bhavesh

Bhavesh Bit Poster

also some companies says im over to qualified when ever i apply for jobs in ict technician in schools.. is that true that im over qualified..???

5. Trogdor

Prometric provide exams for both CompTIA and MS. You can book exams through them when you are ready.

**EDIT** What kind of jobs are you applying for? Maybe you should apply for something more advanced if everyone is saying you are too qualified for the positions you are applying for.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2009
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Server+, PDI+, MCDST, HP APS Server, HP APS Desktop / Laptop
  6. Bhavesh

Bhavesh Bit Poster

7. Bhavesh

Bhavesh Bit Poster

Well im trying to look for job into ICT Technician (which i have already done , worked in 6 different schools from agencies for past 2 yrs) or helpdesk support

what you think?

8. Trogdor

I have heard they are good, but a bit expensive for me. I use CBT Nuggets. The presentation is not quite as good but the information is still there.

9. Trogdor

OK, "ICT Support" can be quite broad. What exaxctly did you do in these jobs? Desktop support, server admin, networking etc...

10. Bhavesh

Bhavesh Bit Poster

Well during my time in school i have fix the pc, upgradin hardwares, reset passwords for students using active directory, design websites for school which i did in 2006 but the tour round school which i done is still there as you can have a look.

http://www.wakeman.shropshire.sch.uk/Test Tour/default.html

also help staff and student with troubleshooting..that what i did in 6t diferent schools.. now i want change career and different jobs..