Need some advise - work issues.

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Jiser, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Wassup

Wassup Byte Poster

I know School Care and a teacher called Dan who looks after IT! In fact SchoolCare actually offered me a job which I turned down as I worked with School Care on several occasions at one of the schools where I worked as a TA. There was one guy there who really did know his stuff but more often than not, it was younger, not-so-clued techs that would come in and I would end up helping them with the network.

Dan (who knows if it is the same one!) was one of the teachers where I did my PGCE first placement. Has 'your' Dan just started working there recently or has he been there a while?

mmm I'm now wondering if you work at my local school where 2 of my kids go!

None of this is relevant for your current situation though, but I was a bit taken aback when I started recognising names..haha!

As others have mentioned, communication is the key but I do accept there is a lot of "office politics" and "two-faced petty back-biting" that does go on in many schools between various departments and different staff.
    Stand tall, be proud of your work, take responsibility for your own actions and ultimately DLTBGYD

:)

2. Jiser

Jiser Kilobyte Poster

Hi there!! This was a good 6 months or so ago now :) lol. I no longer work at that school. Was made redundant. The company school care, now comes in 4 hours a month.

Wassup, the school in question was Upton Infant School. I also worked at upton junior school where I still work, tho with more hours and responsibilities such as the newsletter, website, I.T. club etc etc.

a recent graduate tho, I need money...Trying to look for other jobs, more money etc + With the ability to f off after a bit and do more traveling which I love (this summer hols did seattle - new york via canada over 5000 miles).

I agree totally tho, Dont let the w~nker$ get u down!! :) Dont important at end of the day. Luckily my lil part time job is great, the staff, boss, school is great!!

Certifications: BSc (Hons), PGc, MCTS:Win 7, MCSA W7/MCITP EDST, ITIL Foundation, Prince 2 Foundation, C&G: Web Design, MOS 07: Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook.