Need Some Advice

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by anniemac, Mar 19, 2008.

1. anniemac

anniemac Bit Poster

Hi, in February I went for an interview for a really nice job. I wasn't successful. The letter said the standard was very high etc. but it was stressed I performed well at interview. I'm temping at the moment and had to go for a course in the same business park as where I went for the interview. For some reason I looked at the Company's website and I see they are advertising the same job again. I popped into their offices and spoke to the receptionist who said the person hadn't worked out (they should have hired me!)
    She said someone would phone me but my question is should I email them applying again or should I send a letter?

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Network +
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

If it were me, I'd formally apply again. Just mention in your cover letter that you noticed that the same position has come open again, and you would like to submit your CV for further consideration. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

What BM said...
    I assume cover letters are customized for each position applied for (or each company). That's what I do anyway (and it's worked well for me :) )

I might mention the previous interview and the positive letter that you recieved. As well as what you've done, if anything, to make yourself a better fit for the company. At least you have the inside track to what they want.

Good Luck...