Need quality practice exam questions for 602.

Discussion in 'A+' started by dino66uk, Jun 26, 2009.

1. dino66uk

dino66uk Nibble Poster

Hello everyone,

Im getting back into my studies, ive passed 601 and need to get the 602 out the way.

Im looking for a top class exam simulator for 602 for a decent price. (very similar to actual exam questions)

Any help/advice will be greatly apprieciated.

Certifications: A+ CCENT
    WIP: ICND 2
  2. mattstevenson

mattstevenson Byte Poster

MeasureUp were great for my CCENT Practise. Their A+ products can be found at: Hyar.

I also used a sim. from Self Test Software. Their A+ products can be foundddd... Hyar.

I highly recommend both.

Certifications: Triple A+. Network+, CCENT
    WIP: MCP, ICND2, Sec+
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Although my opinion is quite biased, I believe Boson's A+ products are second-to-none - found hyar.

But don't take my word for it... download a demo and see for yourself!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. dino66uk

dino66uk Nibble Poster

Hi there boson michael,

I have to say ive tried both boson and preplogic demo's for the A+ 602.

Boson demo questions 9/12

Preplogic demo questions 4/12

I believe that the preplogic questions are much harder and will prepare me for the exam with more confidence.
    If there are any other QUALITY exam simulators out there please let me know.

5. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Yep you wont go wrong with the Boson exams

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  6. Gav

Gav Kilobyte Poster

Preplogic are giving away free practice exams this weekend :D

7. dino66uk

dino66uk Nibble Poster

Greenbrucelee did you read my thread properly??

And Gav where are the free practice questions?? on prep:rolleyes:logic?

8. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

I'm sure he did. He's just telling you what pretty much everyone else will tell you: Boson > Preplogic. Just because you got 4/12 on the preplogic demo questions doesn't mean they're 'harder'. Just means they ask more in the way of irrelevant sh1te than other test preps :biggrin

If you don't believe me - or think I'm shilling for Boson - check out pretty much any other review you can find on the web, they'll all tell you the same thing. Also, I used preplogic a couple years back when I did the CEH - their product was absolutely, unutterably useless. The questions were poorly worded, a couple of the answers were 'wrong' (in so much as the question had no real 'right' answer) and pretty much none of the questions that came up were even remotely related to the exam when I took it. As an example, I had around fifteen separate questions of port-scanning methodology on the actual exam - and only four on the preplogic tests. Even taking into account the fact that the exam questions are pulled from a random pool and I might have just pulled every question they had on port scanning, that's still a massively non-representative sample of an exam for an 'exam preparation guide'

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  9. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

I've just downloaded the preplogic demo.
    I'm not impressed.

At least 2 of the questions were completely irrelevant. One asked which standards a laptop on an oilrig (with sea water, corrosive chemicals etc to contend with) should have. My eyes glazed over at this point but there were lots of ISOs and FEMAs in the answers. I may be wrong on this, but I reckon satan will be skating to work the day first line techs are required to know that.
    Despite passing my A+ very comfortably (over 90% of available marks) only a few months ago, I failed the demo questions. Seriously failed. In fact, my score was worse than any practice exam I've done, even before I started studying for the A+.

I don't know what that tells you dino, but words like "barge" and "pole" spring to my mind.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  10. greenbrucelee

what Zeb said.

I used preplogic and trancender for my A+ but was luck enough to do a review of the Boson A+ exams and I can tell you one thing that is the most certain I have ever been. The Boson exams trump the others in every aspect.

Preplogic exam are decent but had a few technical errors that I noticed and the tracender ones were spelled by a 5 year old on acid.

If you want free stuff try proprof although their 601 stuff is better their 602

11. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Thanks for the props, guys - I appreciate it. :thumbleft

Dino, I dunno whether PrepLogic's questions are relevant to the exam. I can say definitively that Boson's are. Harder doesn't always mean better. The goal of a practice exam isn't to ask the hardest questions possible, or to "trick" the test taker, or to enable the test taker to regurgitate mounds of useless data... the goal of a practice exam is to cover the content that a test taker needs to have enough knowledge and understanding to pass the exam. And, better yet, to make them a better tech in the process.

That said, either way you decide, at least you're using legitimate study tools to help you pass the exam. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  12. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

I just tried the Transcender demo as well.

Pretty good imo. The style and content of the questions were close to the real thing. My only concern would be that they might be a little too easy, but I can't draw any conclusions from only 10 questions.

I see boson, transcender and preplogic listed as the 3 main practice exam providers for the A+ quite often on here.
    My opinion on the three:
    Preplogic shouldn't be on that list. The presentation was poor and, as has already been noted, the relevancy is low. They quite often do their exams cheap or free, now I know why.
    It's really a straight fight between Boson and Transcender. Unless Transcender are selling their exams significantly cheaper, I'd recommend Boson. They edge it in terms of realism, presentation and explanations, and I know the quality is maintained over the whole question set.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  13. Gingerdave

Gingerdave Megabyte Poster

The transcender is pretty good, although I found it very poor for the A+. I also tried the Exam force ones which are quite good.

Certifications: A+,MCP, MCDST, VCP5 /VCP-DV 5, MCTS AD+ Net Inf 2008, MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  14. greenbrucelee

the trancender ones had very poor spelling and gramatical errors although seemed technically sound to me. And a very offputting colour scheme to the gui.

It was the other way for preplogic and had a dull look to the gui

As for Boson I can't fault it.

15. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Kiss-ass...

:biggrin

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  16. greenbrucelee

Nah, I honestly can't find a fault. One of the links in an explanation didn't work but this was corrected in an update :)

17. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

I'll echo Michael and say thanks for the kind words! I'm also heavily biased, but I also think our products are second to none :)