Need information about joskos

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by lion211180, Jun 28, 2006.

1. lion211180

lion211180 New Member

Hello

I m new in this country.i m getting problem to get a job so i m thinking to join joskos as they said that they will help me to find out a job ! they are asking about £6000.so quite a lot money so please can anyone help me about this or suggest me someanother institute to collect more information.

Thanks in advance and hopefully i will have answers.

Regards,
    Lion

2. d-Faktor
    Honorary Member

d-Faktor R.I.P - gone but never forgotten.

hello and welcome to certforums.
    can't help you with your question, but i'm sure others will jump in. all i can say is that you could have a look into doing self-study. many of us have taken that path.

3. _omni_

_omni_ Megabyte Poster

Blah blah...I'm with them, and I say Don't go with them.

Certifications: MCSE 2003, MCSA:M
  4. lion211180

lion211180 New Member

Yeah friends u r right but i m in uk for a almost a year and just because i came from india and i dont have any exeperiance they dont wanna give me any chance i m too tired and same time i need money even i tried for retail jobs they are asking for exeperiance.joskos and www.mcsc-uk.com give me guarantee so i m thinking that it can help me to step in somewhere in it .now tell me what i have to do ?

5. d-Faktor
    Honorary Member

d-Faktor R.I.P - gone but never forgotten.

what you have to do is make your own decisions. no one else can. some will advize you to go all self-study, some people here will advize training company a, others will advize training company b. just know that these companies can never guarantee a job. do a search here and on the internet, and you'll find that this guarantee is tied up to a lot of small print, and even if you comply to all the small print it's shady promise.
    i suggest you browse through the forums here and see what people had to say about their experiences with the different training companies.

6. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome to CF :)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  7. cosmique

cosmique Bit Poster

after weeks of research as i also am taking up an it education i can tell you this mate

Joskos is absolutely the most expensive option
    why? dont know, but it sure explains why their ads appear in absolutely each and every jobs mag and job column in every paper

a personally have chosen London College and starting with studying A+ and N+ part-time, 16 weeks, only 1050 pounds with exams, hands-on, VAT,absolutely everything

sounds ok, doesnt it?

forget Joskos' lure of `job placement upon completion blablabla...'

can't we find the jobs ourselves? :)

Certifications: none
    WIP: a+, n+, mcsa hopefully!
  8. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

Um, no. Compare this with a training provider that (like mine) who will give you A+, Network+, MCSE, CCNA and an SQL server MCP for £4000 including classes, exams etc over two years and your place works out very expensive.

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  9. cosmique

cosmique Bit Poster

not THAT expensive

a+ & n+ £1050 + MCSE £1980 + CCNA £890 = £3920

it doesnt include SQL because they're not offering it :) but still the difference isnt that big and much safer for me as i cannot allow myself to borrow £4000.

but what's the name of your provider? :)

10. Baba O'Riley

Wait a minute, are you saying they are charging over a grand for A+ and N+ but it's only £2000 for an MCSE? Those prices are, IMHO, very disproportionate.

11. cosmique

cosmique Bit Poster

i hide my head in shame

didnt look at westminster college prices in a long time

a+ 490
    mcse 990

!!

www.wcc.co.uk

sorry, but it can be confusing when you're desperate and gathering info on your own.

another nice options to consider :)

12. lion211180

lion211180 New Member

Well i read all review.i know that i can find some cheap classes for mcse and cicco.but my problem is diffrent i m here on spouse visa from another country so in college i have to pay as overseas student and that cost me more then here's citizen.i have done diploma in computer application and vb,vb.net and mcp(sql server 70-229)but in my country i didnt work so no exeperience and here no one is ready to give me a chance.i m here almost for 8 months so i dont care about money but what i care is i need to step in some job in IT.

What i need to know is that they are giveing jobs as they are telling or not ?if atlast they end up or blaming by telling that u r not good in this field thats y we are helpless to give u a job then what i have to say ?

Help me friends.
    Thanks
    Lion

13. Baba O'Riley

OK lion211180, this is the third time I've seen you post this, please stop, once is enough.