need help with finding a cert company

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Gurch, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Gurch

Gurch New Member

Hi does any one know any company in london/essex area that trains you in a classroom, get certified and help me get a job, then when i get a job, they take a cut or a percentage from my wages

Thanks

Gurch

2. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

I would suggest you search this forum for *training providers* and read up on other peoples experiences. There have been many many tales of woe and mostly because people have failed to do sufficient research.

Nobody can guarantee you a job, they use that as bait, to lure you into their net.

Most of these companies charge exorbitant rates for teaching you something that is doable through self study.

IMHO there are way more bad training providers than there are good, so the chances of getting your fingers burnt is high.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  3. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Once you've certified, there is nothing to stop you registering with recruitment agencies. They get paid a percentage by clients for filling vacancies.

However, they vary in quallity and service. There's no guarantee that they will land you your dream job.

Things are tough out there for everyone at the moment. Don't make the mistake of thinking that you can somehow jump the queue or make up for any other shortcomings you may have buy paying out cash. 8)

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  4. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

If I'm reading you correctly, you want to find a company that will train you without an initial fee, then take a deduction off your salary in until the fee is paid up.

The short answer is: no, almost certainly not. No TP is going to do this solely on the basis that they have no guarantee that you will get a job at all, let alone a job where you are earning enough to pay them their fee any time in the next decade. They will want their fee up front, or its not worth their time training you.

There are a number of good TP's who will supply classroom training. There are even a few that will offer assistance looking for a job. But I can be fairly safe in saying that in almost every case, you will either have to pay up front, or arrange some sort of loan.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  5. mcbro

mcbro Byte Poster

Have a look at JustIT.co.uk. The recruitment side of their business got me my current job. My company has hired people that have done courses with them however they were already working in IT.

I have had no dealings with the training side of the business and i personally started in a call centre and studied by myself.

Certifications: MCITP:EA, CCNA