Need help with copy/paste in VirtualBox

Discussion in 'Software' started by Juelz, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Edit: VirtualBox for Mac related

all I want to do is copy and paste whilst in the VM.. all google seems to tell me is how to copy and paste from the guest to the host, this is not what I require.

I simply want to know what key isit to copy and what key is it to paste

ctrl c/c do not work
    cmd c/v do not work
    cmd shift c/v do not work

I believe @Jaron78 is familiar with VB so if you can help it would be much appreciated, I am using a macbook pro if that helps.

2. BB88

BB88 Kilobyte Poster Gold Member

Have you installed Guest Additions? Have you checked Shared Clipboard settings for the VM?

Certifications: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, MCSA: Office 365,, 70-410, 70-680
    WIP: CompTIA: Security+
  3. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Yeah I have guest editions, When I was looking in the settings nothing about the keyboard was configurable apart from turning it off..

4. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

Sorry mate, I have been doing subnetting all weekend so I have only just seen this.
    Are you running it on your Mac?

5. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Yeah mate, I managed to stumble across some settings whilst in the VM it looks like I can cobfigure the keyboard within the OS I thought it would need to be done from the VM config screen. Havent had alook at it properly yet; I am also learning about Networks but just going through IP addressing so far..

Jaron78 likes this.
  6. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

Good luck with that! I THINK I have enough Subnetting knowledge for the N+. I can break a Subnet down, I can work out how many hosts I can have and how many subnets I can have from a Subnet mask.

Messer and Meyers only go as far as breaking down Subnets so I think I was going too in depth.

Soon as I have a minute, I will test on my Virtualbox system and see what I can find out for you mate.