NEED HELP PLS

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by FuNkY_HaRRy, Jun 3, 2006.

1. FuNkY_HaRRy

FuNkY_HaRRy New Member

hi people im a new user to this site and this is my first thread. i need a little help. basically im tryin to get into IT....im applying for jobs and looking at many certification course bt there one company that ive come across a company called apprenta? they bascially give u an internaship?and u study while ur training wid a company i was wondering if people have heard of them? or joined up wid them? the selection process is pretty intense, coz u have a telephone interview and then u have to go to hav a face to face interview. i jus want to know to people recommend this company? or jus tell me want tu think, thanks

2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Hi and welcome to CF!

Just do a search on here for Apprenta and read what you find.

I'd have to warn that, in general, people will post complaints more readily than compliments, so keep that in mind while you read!

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Welcome to CF!

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
    Bobur likes this.
  4. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Welcome to CF!

Do as Harry says and do a search for them.

Just one thing to point out when posting on forums though is to try and use 'propper' language in your posts rather than 'txt spk', as it makes it far easier on the eye, and to understand. Not all of us are young and knowledgable in the world of 'txt'! :biggrin

5. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

I thought everone knows about txt langauge due to almost everyone in the world owning a mobile phone? Even in the newspaper there was an article about how lazy the english language has become because people were using the TXT language.

Monkey 8)

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  6. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

I own a mobile phone, but rarely send any text messages, and I certainly can't speak 'txt'. I can just about read it, but a posting too full of it is one I tend to give a miss to.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  7. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

Harry,

Before signing up, why don't you do a little soul searching.
    IT is a big place.
    Don't choose a job because it has good money.
    Job satisfaction is also important otherwise if your focus on the pie in the sky dreams then you are setting yourself up to fail.

What are your skills?

Are you practical, do you prefer to work with your hands building stuff? PC support A+

Are you artistic? Maybe web designed would be worth looking at.

Do you like to help people? Analyse problems, do a little detective work. If so what about MCDST? or

Maybe Network engineer.

What ever you decide think before commiting yourself.

If you can't afford it Self study is the way to go.

Good Luck

Monkey :biggrin

8. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

If your phone has fast text. Then you don't have to use TXT langauge. It was invented for those who own a phone who didn't have fast text, before MP3 and camera's. It was quick and easy only problem it became a craze. Even after fast txt was invented people still use it.

Monkey :biggrin

9. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Sorry Monkey, but I'm with Harry here. Just because I work in IT and use lots of TLA dosn't mean I understand txt talk. I guess I'm just one those older people that would much rather read English instead of txt talk. Too much in a post, and I'll give it a miss.

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  10. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Got to go with the guys here Monkey, evn tho I cn reed n writ it 2.

There are millions of people in the world that can't read or write. Of those that can is it too much to expect correct punctuation, grammer and spelling? If people aren't going to take a little time for that then I'm not going to take a little time to respond.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  11. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  12. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

:soz Ok, getting back on track here, I'm with Harry. Do a search on the forum and also with google. At least do some research into what area of IT you're interested in and also what the different areas of certification are. Then if you do decide to go with them read the contract very carefully and don't sign anything straight away.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  13. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

This selection process is nothing more than a ploy to get you signed up. They will give you the impression that you are a special person that has passed their stringent assesment. This will then give you the nice warm glow feeling which will help them to get you to sign the finance agreement. I have yet to hear of a person failing one of these assessments!

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  14. whougonacall

whougonacall New Member

Good Post!

15. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

I'm in it for the sexy women, joking before I get lynched :)

I'm trying to get into IT properly because I enjoy it.

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009