Need Help Please.

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by tayyib, Oct 27, 2014.

1. tayyib

tayyib New Member

Hi all, I am bit lost I am here to get some wise words as we have loads to talented and well educated people on this forum.
    I have huge love for IT but unfortunately i come from Engineering and accounts background. I have decided to change my career and come towards IT as this is the field i always wanted to be in. Being a IT lover in past I used to design websites, learned languages like PHP,HTML,MYSQL etc.. by myself. Now after some research I decided to take MCSA Windows 7 course as i was told that MCSD is little advanced for a person who doesn`t have any certification before, And I want to keep up my knowledge. Please do share you thoughts whether its a good idea going for MCSA windows 7 or any other cert.

Many Thanks all

2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

So I would ask whether you feel that you fit in with what Microsoft advise for the MCSA - https://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-gb/mcsa-windows-7-certification.aspx

Can you orove you have the expertise to configure and support a Windows 7 enterprise system? Do you have any enterprise experience, know what MDT, SCCM, SCOM or WDS is?

By your own words you're new to IT as a career, learning web technologies isn't the same as being an enterprise aware EUC tech, my advice would be to look at the MTA\A+ first, gain some real world experience and then go down the MCSA Windows 7 (or 8) route because at the moment having the MCSA does you no favours at all (as a hiring manager and someone with over 15 years in this industry).

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA