Need help for A+

Discussion in 'General CompTIA Certifications' started by rabmerab, Mar 18, 2010.

1. rabmerab

rabmerab Bit Poster

Hi guys,

I am sorry if this question has been asked before.
    I just want to know what is the latest book to read to prepare for the exam and how may exam you need to pass?

Thanks in advance
    rabmerab:)

2. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

You have to pass two exams, the 220-701 and the 220-702 exams, to get A+ certified. You should start by reading Mike Meyer's A+ All-in-One book.

3. supernova

supernova Gigabyte Poster

Go to Comptias website read up on the certs get the objectives (what you need to learn)

Buy the Mike Meyer's A+ All-in-One book... its big! ... dont let that worry you.

Read Mike Meyer's A+ All-in-One book back to front a few times , take notes if you must

Get a old computer from ebay etc to play with

read the forums plenty of tips and info

Certifications: Loads
    WIP: Lots
  4. rabmerab

rabmerab Bit Poster

Thanks boson, thanks supernova.
    I got the A+ book yesterday and I am reading it when I am travelling in the underground to/ from work.
    I enjoy reading it as I like copmputers.
    :D

5. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Then you're off to a good start in the right way.:biggrin

Any questions you have just post them in the A+ forum any you'll get all the answers you need.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685