need advise u all

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by jd.the.tiger, Sep 26, 2009.

1. jd.the.tiger

jd.the.tiger New Member

Hello all,
    respeced sir,
    My name is jaldeep patel, I want to do CEH course of EC-Council but i neewbie so i am starting from basics like A+,N+ now doing but i really dont know what courses and exam i will do before do CEH like CCNA, MCSE any one know furthure because i really dont know abouit the courses and exam before do CEH. How to go step by step to CEH. Which courses, exams will be give before CEH so please guys help me all i require all of your opinions if any one had already done CEH so it will be better to give me an opinion please ...............

Always Thanking You
    Jaldeep Patel

Certifications: BCA, MCA I sem
    WIP: A+,N+
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

If you have no experience, I would strongly advise you to do the A+, Network+ and the MCDST, then look into the Security+ before attempting the CEH, besides:

See here.

BTW, welcome to CF :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. jd.the.tiger

jd.the.tiger New Member

Thank you for your valuable reply, but i don't know what is security+? Is it Comptia Security+? Or Other type of course of security+?

Again thank you

4. Kitkatninja

Yes it is, see here :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
  5. jd.the.tiger

jd.the.tiger New Member

Again thanking you for your moral support.
    It mean that i complete A+, N+, MCDST and then doing CompTIA security+ i go for the CEH.......
    Sorry about asking you other thing is CCNA,MCSE,Linux,Sunsolaris is not important for CEH ? or other programming language require for learning?

6. Kitkatninja

They may be important, however you said you were a beginner:

So unless you have 1 to 2 years designing Active Directory:

I would say put the higher level professional certifications to one side. These higher level certs should reflect your job role and responsibilities and not used as a subsitute to experience, in fact alot of IT managers are ignoring these certs if the persons experience does not match, see here.

-Ken

7. jd.the.tiger

jd.the.tiger New Member

yes sir u r right i am reallu noobies of about a networking even i dont know basic concept of network. I am trusting u and like u say go first A+, N+, MCDST and the CompTIA security. I am finish this all thing and yeah also take good experience about above mentioned then i ask you further.
    Please sir u r helping me a lot and in future i am asking if i have any queries so please don't tired with my questions because i rally don't know about this field and also mentione here my english is not good as yours or others so please.. forgive me if i make mistake in any area. and the last thing after I complete A+, N+, MCDST And CompTIA security+ then what i will do? And other thing is that EC-Council course CEH is very vast and its including several subjects and topics.

Sir if you don't mind I asking about your qualification and what courses u will done ?

Thank you again and again.
    Jaldeep Patel

Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
  8. dazza786

dazza786 Megabyte Poster

JD the tiger.. why do you want the CEH cert?

It will probably be a few years before you can get that, as Ken has already said:
    so you will need 2 years of experience in a security role and it's highly unlikely for you to go straight into this sort of role!
    so it's going to be at LEAST 2/3 years :(

Certifications: MCP (271, 272, 270, 290, 291, 621, 681, 685), MCDST, MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, Security+, CCA(XA6.5)
  9. JK2447

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

As Dazza and Wagnerk have said, you need at least 2 years experience of IT Security before you are advised to sit the CEH exam. Alternatively you can pay a few thousand and sit the CEH course but you will struggle if you don't have the basics nailed down as the guys have said.

Do you want to become an ethical hacker? Because you don't need a cert to do that. There are plenty of legal forums out there that can teach you how to harden your server or protect yourself from black hats. Jim

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  10. jd.the.tiger

jd.the.tiger New Member

yes sir i heard and know i need experience in this field and i do. but i want to just know that which courses subjects are came in future when I go for CEH. Just generally asking path to achive a goal (CEH). If ones I know this all things then i am satisfied and start work on u all give me advise..

For Example, I want admission in MCA then i need 10th, 12th pass, graduate in any other field then i will take admission for MCA. This is just the path how i go step by step if I want to take Admission in MCA.

Thats what i am telling u all i need path like first which course i do then which one i do then vic versa.......

Thank you
    Jaldeep patel

11. Kitkatninja

I would advise you to do your Master's degree (MSc/MA/MBA) and concentrate on getting into IT first of all. The MCA program is for successful IT architects who are already doing the job with generally have ten or more years of IT experience, and five or more years of specific architectural experience. Plus you need to attain the MCM credential which costs: $14,075 to $18,625 (the MCA fee is an extra $5125).

-Ken

12. jd.the.tiger

jd.the.tiger New Member

i am also doing MCA i think sir it will be misunderstanding about my question? I am giving u just as an example how go to the MCA this is the path or way same thing i know about the CEH which courses and subject will be sep by step to reach CEH . Above I give is just the example, well in end thank you

Thank You
    Jaldeep Patel

13. AnnSmith

AnnSmith New Member

As far as the Certification from EC-Council’s CEH, it holds the most credentials amongst other security related certifications & the means for acquiring a rewarding career in IT related to security. You've to go through the minimum requirements to be eligible for this Certification. I would suggest you start by learning to use as many of the penetration tools as possible to get you going… knowing the basics in networking and systems is the basic. I do think the CEH is worthwhile and that a lot can be learned from the process.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2009
  14. jd.the.tiger

jd.the.tiger New Member

Every one know i want to do CEH. I complete A+,N+ Now what is better for CEH MCSE or MCDST? I don't know If i am doing MCSE then which Elective module i choose? If possible then give me module No. OR Paper No.?
    If u tell me i MCDST do then i dont know what is Module require for MCDST?? Please if u suggest me ?

15. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

You shouldn't necessarily be looking at MCDST or MCSE at this point; instead you should be concentrating on your A+ and Net+.

I really do applaud your enthusiasm but you need to make sure you can run before you walk. Elements of the A+ and Net+ can be hard enough if you don't have the experience.

By the way, for the MCDST, you need to pass exams 70-271 and 70-272.