Need Advice

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by DataMatrix, Jun 9, 2009.

1. DataMatrix

DataMatrix New Member

Hi,

I have worked on computers since about the age of 10 and I have an extensive, self-taught understanding of computers. I also have 2 City and Guild Diplomas for IT practitioners.

I would like to move into datacentre work, such as maintaining the network, servers and other equipment such as UPS, etc...

What qualifications would be needed to get into this job, how much roughly would it cost and how do I go about getting the right information and then applying for the test?

Thanks for the help.

2. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

You'd introduce yourself to the forums correctly and then look thorugh said forums for relevant threads using the built-in search function.

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA