need advice

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by rizc, Dec 23, 2007.

1. rizc

rizc New Member

hi there, i have an experience of total 17 months working with .net technology.My domain is mainly product website and some windows applications.
    I am looking forward to complete MCPD certification. Can anyone tell how much will it value will it add to my in terms of getting into a big organization and that with a good salary.

thanks.

2. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Hi and welcome to CF 8)

I am not a developer, though i have read many posts like yours asking a similar question. The gist i get is that it is your experience and portfolio, the work you can and have done, tangiable things that you can prove your skills with that will get you the jobs with the big money.

Certs are not so important in this area of IT.

I am sure others will be along to say i am talking nonesense again :biggrin

Good luck,

Pete

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  3. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Nope - Bluerinse is not talking nonsense. :biggrin

I work in a large programming team, although, for various reasons, I am not mainstream on that team.

I'm not aware of *any* certs being useful. It is all 'track-record/experience'.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  4. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

Harry, you're so unique with your wide variety of skills you couldn't be mainstream with anything. You will always be in a class of your own.... :biggrin

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!