1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Advice - Worried about Entry-Level experience

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by BeZ001, Mar 4, 2012.

1. BeZ001

BeZ001 New Member

Hi all

i am currently living in a small town, where the IT demand is very low, my current experience is working for small IT support company for 2 days a week for the last 3 months (unpaid), doing desktop and laptop repair, Lan/Wan issues, microsoft office,taking calls and general paperwork for the owner and also working for other non-IT companies providing IT support as and when they need it maybe once or twice a week at best (5+ computers). i know i need to move to where the IT Jobs are (No-brainer :()

i currently have A+ and CCNA both passed in the last month

What i am asking is do i need more experience before pushing for a entry-level job??

Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
    Certifications: A+, CCNA
    WIP: N+
  2. mitufrim

mitufrim Bit Poster

no doubt you can get a entry level job,

Keep up the volunteer work,

sure you do not get paid but you get experience, try and do more volunteer work if you can, that is how i started out,

do not give up and keep looking, i think you have way more enough quals and certs for a entry level job.

most ppl get hired into entry level jobs without any knowledge, let alone certs or experience. which I call lucky people.