Need advice on my broadband issues

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by michael78, May 29, 2009.

1. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

Guys I've been having big issues with my broadband for about 5 months now. I've lived in my house for 3 years and started with Sky and got around 2Mbps and then left them when we had our son (No time to watch TV) and I moved to Tiscali where I had a rock solid 2.5Mbps for 1.5 years and never remember having a dropout or any issues.

Five months ago we all of a sudden lost our connection and our phone line and basically got the phone sorted but the broadband has never been the same since and I'm getting 120kbps download from 2.5Mbps and it's all run off my main socket and I don't use extensions. After 4 months of arguing with Tiscali and 6 BT openreach guys later I left Tiscali as one of the BT guys said it was Tiscali's equipment at fault and moving would sort it. I left and signed upto BE broadband and it didn't improve so after complaining to BT as it's their line they said they wouldn't do anything and gave me all the crap that if I was a BT customer they would get it fixed so I joined BT and complained to their CEO Ian Livingston. Now I've been assigned a high level complaints manager to deal with me and so far they have messed up 2 visits and are getting someone out but he says that my connection of 128kbps is fine as a broadband connection. I have 3 laptops, games consoles, PC's and other Internet equipment that is in all purposes useless and working in IT I can't do anything like stream video or download as it's that slow.

Can you sue BT for this or am I stuffed?

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I don't know about suing, however have you though about Virgin/NTL as an ISP (I use them and have had not problems with them), they don't go over the telephone wires so they won't be affect by your phone line.

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

No cable in my area :cry:

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011