Need advice in my life

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by sendalot, Feb 14, 2013.

1. sendalot

sendalot Nibble Poster

So I got a B.S in business. Now I want to do IT. I am accepted to a "M.S in Network Management/Engineering."

Now I asked this before whether certs are worth more than a degree. Mixed replies folks said.

If I want to progress into Network Admin + Support + Expert in the future, does a combination of M.S in Network and Certs look prospective?
    I don't want to do security because it will worsen my already paranoid life style.

I so far have Net+ and CCENT. On ICND-2 now before grad school starts this fall.

On a side note, how do you all stay positive in life?

Certifications: Many
  2. BraderzTheDog

BraderzTheDog Kilobyte Poster

Well thats simple, have a hobby or something you love. Make sure you spend alot of time 'playing hard' as it will keep you motivated to carry on in your career path.

I love to go flying, when I'm back from a weekend out im fresh and ready to start work and continue a BAU approach.

Certifications: CCNA R&S, CCNA-SEC, CCSA, JNCIA FWV, MCITP, MCTS, MTA, A+
  3. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

Sounds like a drunkedly started post. Up having a few last night by any chance? Or on a night shift and hit that middle of the night haze where you aren't really sure what is going on? lol.

I stay motivated to work hard very easily, as it's what pays me my money, doing certs however I do struggle more with, but I believe that knowledge and experience will see you ok anyway, I've managed to get myself now into working in a Network support role and the only thing I have really done is ECDL! lol. Work hard, communicate well and ask questions and demonstrate you are learning from them, and you will be fine either way, whether you back that up with Certs or a degree.

Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!
    simongrahamuk likes this.