Need a Tech in London to Help!

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by tripwire45, Feb 25, 2005.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I'm a mod at another forum called Tech-Unity (in the US believe it or not). One of the members there posted the following:
    If anyone can help this guy out, contact "guitarman" at:

[email protected].

Thanks.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  2. Stu_C

Stu_C Byte Poster

Could the Manager not install RealVNC on his laptop and let guitarman try and clean his system remotely ???

Stu_C

Certifications: Bsc(Bronze Swimming Certificate)
    WIP: C# MCP, MCAD
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

That might work and might not. First of all, I don't know how buggered up the system is. If part of the problem is browser hijackers and other similar pests, downloading VNC and installing it, plus any other tools from the Internet could be pain.

I've worked on very messed up systems where I couldn't allow the machine to be on the Internet because it would start downloading all kinds of cr*p. I had to either download my tools to my laptop or carry them around on a CD so I could clean the machine while it was totally isolated from any network.

Also, if it's a lost cause (and that happens sometimes), the last resort is to use the rescue disk and reload the OS. Something kind of hard to do remotely...at least in this scenario.

4. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

trip, if you speak to him ask him to give me an email (give him my gmail below)
    im a bit busy to write myself, but ill be sure to give his email the once over and reply

sorry about not replying to your PM yet either, just got our annual pen test report in at work and it wasnt pretty, over 1000 high risk vulns im trying to clean up, been a few hectic weeks (and more to come) :(

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Sent him a PM with your email addy. Hope it works out. Sorry about the troubles at work. Good luck. Let me know how things work out. No worries on the PM to you. Got it sorted.

6. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

I did notice you had, but felt bad for not getting back to you yet, your always so prompt when i need help lol :)
    not so much troubles at work, all good fun and all, just busy as heck (ive only been there two months, so whilst I didnt get 'blamed' for the rubbish report, I am tasked with fixing it, lol :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0