Need 294 Help!!!

Discussion in 'Active Directory Exams' started by tripwire45, May 12, 2004.

1. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

Trip
    just a quick query, most/all the EC2 books I have come with a CD which includes the Ebook in pdf format

I havnt actually bought any of the Training Guides yet, I have one on my safari shelf but they obviously ont come with CDs/Ebooks

Can you tell me if the Don Poulton book you have comes with such an Ebook in PDF format?

if it does I will order it stateside and get my gf to send me the ebook, saves me buying ithere and shipping another book in a few weeks! (already got about 100 - 200lbs worth of the darn things)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Comes with both the PrepLogic test and the book on pdf, according to the "What's on the CD?" page. I haven't actually opened it up yet to confirm.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

If you ever open it let me know please mate, id hate to get it bought stateside only to realise i cant read it for a few weeks! lol

4. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Good call, Ryan. I popped the CD into my laptop. The usual autorun and installshield process ensued and Prep Logic was installed on my laptop in a jiffy. I went back and opened up the cd and no pdf files are to be found. I re-read what it said in the book and it specifically states that in addition to prep logic, the contents of the book are contained in a pdf file on the disk plus the objectives for the exam. Somebody goofed.

EDIT: And it looks like it was me. You have to open up Prep Logic first then click on the "Electronic Book" button to get to the pdf file with the textbook on it. I was expecting it to be a separate option outside the testing software. My mistake. :oops:

5. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

is the pdf no where on the CD? or not in the root?
    on the Exam Crams its located in some skewy subdir

CDROM\Program Files\Prep Logic\Exam Number\Electronic Book.pdf

?

6. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Edit: Dupe post :/

7. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Read the "EDIT" in my previous post, Ryan. The pdf file is present. However, you have to open the prep logic testing tool and then press the "Electronic Book" button.

When I opened the CD files, I couldn't find just the pdf files but they may be hidden somewhere. I think you have to load the testing tool in order to access the book. Of course I did a standard install. I was also given the option of doing a custom install so it's possible that you can load the pdf files from there without necessarily loading the prep logic utility. Either way, you get the book on CD.